CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 05-15-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
msladya

msladya is on a distinguished road

Can someone please help me understand

Ok I have 2 amps. one for the highs and one for the subs.

I attempted to install new head unit, factory harness was previously cut. I have 8 black wires leading from small amp that I use for the highs, Its actually 4 but pos and neg makes it equal 8.

I wired harness that came with head unit to wires of factory wires by printing a ford wiring diagram and following it, Where do I attatch the opposite end of the speaker wires t? One end in the amp the other end ? If someone can please lay out a step by step on how to do this install I would be so grateful.
msladya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 05-17-2018, 02:33 AM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Post a link to the amp in question, and a photo of the wires you are asking about.

If they are speaker wires from the output side of the amp, you would run a pair of wires (positive and negative) from each channel to each speaker being amplified. You would use an LOC to tap signal from the factory head unit and an RCA cable (or two) from your LOC to the amp's input side.

If you are using an amp with high level (aka speaker level) inputs to accept signal from the head unit, then you would run speaker wires from the head unit's high level outputs to the amp's high level inputs. You would then run speaker wires from the amp's outputs to each speaker.

If you want definitive answers, tell us what radio, what amplifiers (links are always good), and how you prefer to get signal from the radio to the amps.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote