CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 02-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
Bigbax187

Bigbax187 is on a distinguished road

2001 Chevy Tahoe left rear speaker question..

I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT… I have had no problems with my radio or speakers whatsoever… For starters I have a Pioneer head unit… And my front two door speakers I have kicker 6 1/2 inch speakers… And in my back doors I have two Pioneer 6 1/2 inch speakers… I just recently today bought some kicker speakers to replace the two pioneer speakers in the back two doors… BUT...When I started taking out my left rear speaker and I put in my kicker speaker… It did not work...Not to mention when I try to put the original pioneer speaker that was already in there back in, THEN it did not work either.... it’s extremely frustrating because I did not do anything different… All I did was take the door panel off unhook the pioneer, hooked up the kicker and then I did not hear any sound at all… I’ve already installed everything in my car and it worked perfectly so I know it’s not the wiring or anything so I have no clue what to do or what to check… There’s no way it could be bad speakers because of the fact that the pioneer one was already working and the kicker is brand new… Is there any suggestions or is there something that I am missing? Is there a fuse or anything? I don’t know... lol... I don’t really ever ask any questions but maybe someone out there has had the same problem or could give me advice… Thank you if you let me know or can help me out for real because it's driving me crazy LOL ...
Bigbax187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 02-13-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

It could be the wiring- not necessarily the connections where you swapped one speaker for another, but the wire conductor inside the insulation.

Try the speaker on the other side and confirm it works. If it does, then try checking the speaker wire between the head unit and rear speaker location for continuity. OEM speaker wire failing is a common problem in a 17 year old vehicle, especially at points where the thin factory wire flexes (such as door jambs where the wire goes through the B pillar and enters the vehicle's door cavity). You may have to replace a section of this wire or run new wire if it has one door open/closed cycle too many and the conductor inside has broken.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote