CarAudioForum.com

Old 02-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #16
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcom View Post
Define things with implications?
There were rumours he was going to make it even harder for law abiding Canadians to own hand guns, which are already restricted/prohibited (for example)...changing laws which restrict or abridge freedoms. We don't have concealed carry here in the frozen north, but if a citizen chooses to jump through the legal hoops to lawfully obtain such items and wishes to sharpen their skills at the local range, that shouldn't be something the leader of the country should get involved with unless someone skirts the law or uses them to commit a crime. Our crime rates involving guns are remarkably low, and most of the people who do use them to commit a crime did not obtain the weapon lawfully and are not impacted by any changes in law pertaining to acquisition of such items.

A recent Canadian law change? I'm a blade nut, and CBSA has recently prohibited import of assisted opening and one-hand opening knives. This wasn't a Trudeau thing, but Border Services aka Canada Customs, and it has made importing or lawfully buying and carrying such items across the border a problem. I've been legally and lawfully packing a knife as an essential and handy tool since I was 11 years old, and this change restricts what I can have in my pocket when crossing the border, even if it complies with local laws on either side of that border. When I visit the US, I know the state immediately south has issues with a blade exceeding 3", so I downsize to comply with local laws when travelling so as not to leave such a handy tool at home. Many of my knives have spring assist, thumb studs, Emerson Wave features, and now those are no longer legal to bring back into Canada, even though I have owned and lawfully carried them for years. Many states have done the opposite- they are legalizing automatic knives which were previously prohibited or limited to law enforcement personnel and members of the military. It seems logical, considering some legal one-handed opening knives can usually be deployed faster than drawing and opening a switchblade. Technology has rendered the prohibition moot, and lawful use has no impact on the safety of anyone else. Someone bent on using a knife to commit a crime will use something cheap and easily obtained like a kitchen knife- a weapon of opportunity, and not a $400+ switchblade or high end folder. You don't need premium blade steel or a certain deployment mechanism to stab a mofo (if that is the goal).

If our touchy/feely new leader messes with things that affect my ability to retire at a certain age, pension, the amount of taxes I must pay, my medical needs, or infringes on my daily activities, that is a problem. If he prefers to gender neutralize things like national anthem lyrics, I could not care less. If he aims to bolster his popularity by appeasing the special snowflakes who have a pressing need to feel even more special, he can have at it as long as he doesn't mess with what matters.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 01:02 AM   #17
Adcom

Adcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond repute

What about the overall psyche of Canadians? Are you more divisive? Is there more negativity in your society? I ask that because after 8 years of Obama, that's where America is. And we both know those things count.
Adcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #18
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What about the overall psyche of Canadians? Are you more divisive? Is there more negativity in your society? I ask that because after 8 years of Obama, that's where America is. And we both know those things count.
That is a complex question that doesn't have a simple answer, and of course I can't speak for them all.

Our court system tends to go hard on first time offenders who have something to lose, and gives up on sentencing repeat, habitual offenders. These habitual offenders get off with slaps on the wrist, get turned out back to the street where they keep doing what they do best. There are pockets of larger cities that are less safe as a result, and that tends to wear down the law abiding types and increase negativity. This pre-dates Trudeau and has been getting progressively worse for years. It costs money to house and rehabilitate habitual offenders, just like in the US, but there are less tax dollars devoted to the task, and less tax dollars devoted to policing and sentencing. This makes for some interesting times.

Our taxation per income dollar is much higher than what is found in the US. We have things like universal health care, and that is very expensive. We have had a large influx of relatively recent immigrants, and that is taxing the infrastructure to the point the taxation base isn't covering the costs, so that infrastructure has been scaled back and taxes have gone up to retain status quo...more of the costs that used to be covered under medical plans are offloaded onto the patient, and things like procedures and prescriptions are generally priced pretty high in terms of affordability, but what is covered makes the cost of staying alive less than in the US, Our real estate and most daily costs are on average much higher than found in the US, with even higher taxes tacked on in attempts to support that infrastructure. A lot of our inherited issues are more complicated than anything that could be summed up and (most importantly) more complex than anything a politician can fix with a stroke of a pen + some good intentions in multiple terms. You'd probably find that Canada and most Canadians are more moderate than most of the vocal and polarized US voters in terms of a political leaning, with less of the population falling into either extreme. Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing in and of itself, just different. Go to Europe, Central America, Asia, different again. It is nice to have the perspective that comes with travelling and soaking up some of those differences. There is a lot to love about Canada and the US in spite of what isn't quite right. As much as I enjoy travel, it is still nice to come home.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #19
luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but don’t you agree Habs fans are azzholes and it’s hard living in the same country as them?
luvdeftonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #20
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdeftonz View Post
Yeah, but donít you agree Habs fans are azzholes and itís hard living in the same country as them?
Oui, c'est vrai .

Old 02-15-2018, 10:26 PM   #21
buddha73

buddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who the frick is buddha?
oh just a wise soul from the mitten, I wasn't a presence in wot like you and sheed, but I like to think I contributed here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post

Why he is my Jeepô advisor, that's who
lol you know it man, we just got the new jl's in about a month and a half ago. theyre pretty awesome, I will say they are making some more foo foo models, but the rubicon is still going to be a tank, front and rear lockers, lift, standard 33" tires... you know the deal ha.
buddha73 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #22
buddha73

buddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is a complex question that doesn't have a simple answer, and of course I can't speak for them all.

Our court system tends to go hard on first time offenders who have something to lose, and gives up on sentencing repeat, habitual offenders. These habitual offenders get off with slaps on the wrist, get turned out back to the street where they keep doing what they do best. There are pockets of larger cities that are less safe as a result, and that tends to wear down the law abiding types and increase negativity. This pre-dates Trudeau and has been getting progressively worse for years. It costs money to house and rehabilitate habitual offenders, just like in the US, but there are less tax dollars devoted to the task, and less tax dollars devoted to policing and sentencing. This makes for some interesting times.

Our taxation per income dollar is much higher than what is found in the US. We have things like universal health care, and that is very expensive. We have had a large influx of relatively recent immigrants, and that is taxing the infrastructure to the point the taxation base isn't covering the costs, so that infrastructure has been scaled back and taxes have gone up to retain status quo...more of the costs that used to be covered under medical plans are offloaded onto the patient, and things like procedures and prescriptions are generally priced pretty high in terms of affordability, but what is covered makes the cost of staying alive less than in the US, Our real estate and most daily costs are on average much higher than found in the US, with even higher taxes tacked on in attempts to support that infrastructure. A lot of our inherited issues are more complicated than anything that could be summed up and (most importantly) more complex than anything a politician can fix with a stroke of a pen + some good intentions in multiple terms. You'd probably find that Canada and most Canadians are more moderate than most of the vocal and polarized US voters in terms of a political leaning, with less of the population falling into either extreme. Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing in and of itself, just different. Go to Europe, Central America, Asia, different again. It is nice to have the perspective that comes with travelling and soaking up some of those differences. There is a lot to love about Canada and the US in spite of what isn't quite right. As much as I enjoy travel, it is still nice to come home.
I think this is a problem that's been building worldwide, it seems like a lot of countries are struggling with finding a happy middle ground on taxing its citizens. here in America we have to deal with a bunch of old rich fvcks trying to give each other tax breaks and loopholes to slide through. that cost gets made up somewhere, hmmm wonder where? yup our middle class. I made about 75000 last year and sent the government (state and federal) somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30 grand of it. then companies like dart (the owner of solo cups, just using them because theyre a local business and rich as fvck) buy places like the cayman islands and take all their money there and pay a yearly fee to the government instead of what they should be paying.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:20 AM   #23
luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond reputeluvdeftonz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha73 View Post
I think this is a problem that's been building worldwide, it seems like a lot of countries are struggling with finding a happy middle ground on taxing its citizens. here in America we have to deal with a bunch of old rich fvcks trying to give each other tax breaks and loopholes to slide through. that cost gets made up somewhere, hmmm wonder where? yup our middle class. I made about 75000 last year and sent the government (state and federal) somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30 grand of it. then companies like dart (the owner of solo cups, just using them because theyre a local business and rich as fvck) buy places like the cayman islands and take all their money there and pay a yearly fee to the government instead of what they should be paying.
Wait until your kids are your age. Paying the government 1/3 of their income to have the right to work will seem like a deal!
luvdeftonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2018, 01:28 AM   #24
rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh just a wise soul from the mitten, I wasn't a presence in wot like you and sheed, but I like to think I contributed here and there

lol you know it man, we just got the new jl's in about a month and a half ago. theyre pretty awesome, I will say they are making some more foo foo models, but the rubicon is still going to be a tank, front and rear lockers, lift, standard 33" tires... you know the deal ha.
Yeah i think i remember you swinging from my left nut. Never mastered the cupping technique tho....
rasheedfan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #25
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
I hope to rock my JK until it won't rock no more, and truth be told it has won a place in my heart...I have been loving that thing. After some misfortune with the original Sahara, the new Rubi that took its place is the same, only better.

I'll let the jury weigh in on the highly Fiat contented JL for a few years (and watch the show unfold online) before I get the urge to do more than a walk around and test drive one. Some of the new features I can appreciate, while others will take a while. When I had my XJ and the all-new JK was launched for '07, I sat in one at the car show and gave it the once over- it seemed huge, bulky, and I wasn't that impressed. 11 years later and I am finally onboard at the end of production .

Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #26
buddha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdeftonz View Post
Wait until your kids are your age. Paying the government 1/3 of their income to have the right to work will seem like a deal!
lol you aint lyin

Old 02-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #27
buddha73

Quote:
I hope to rock my JK until it won't rock no more, and truth be told it has won a place in my heart...I have been loving that thing. After some misfortune with the original Sahara, the new Rubi that took its place is the same, only better.

I'll let the jury weigh in on the highly Fiat contented JL for a few years (and watch the show unfold online) before I get the urge to do more than a walk around and test drive one. Some of the new features I can appreciate, while others will take a while. When I had my XJ and the all-new JK was launched for '07, I sat in one at the car show and gave it the once over- it seemed huge, bulky, and I wasn't that impressed. 11 years later and I am finally onboard at the end of production .
honestly dude fiat sucks at selling their own products, but they've done a lot of good for jeep. we get razzed a little for that 9 speed transmission in the smaller jeeps, but honestly after a year and a half they got all the weird little nuances fixed. the new 4x4 system in the small jeeps is awesome and works really well and as far as I know is a fiat design. the motors they've given us have worked pretty well too, that pentastar is a workhorse and the 2.4 is just a decent 4 cylinder, and the 1.4 turbo is a great economy motor however it doesn't really see itself in too many of our vehicles, even the small cars and suvs.

the new wrangler seems just as impressive and capable as the last, but like you said I suppose really only time will tell. we've sold probably 5 or 6 of the new ones so far. one pretty cool feature for the daily drivers is the saharas are coming with the selec-trac feature. so it will have the auto 4x4 and the normal 4x4 mode, sort of like whats in our rams.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #28
buddha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasheedfan2005 View Post
Yeah i think i remember you swinging from my left nut. Never mastered the cupping technique tho....
na I'm a slapper, I don't cup

Old 02-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #29
rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond reputerasheedfan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
na I'm a slapper, I don't cup
I like it ruff
rasheedfan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #30
Adcom

Adcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasheedfan2005 View Post
I like it ruff
STFU virgin!
Adcom is offline   Reply With Quote