CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 02-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #61
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler11 View Post
I have read alot of bad things about Optima of the last few years. They are just not the same as the older ones.
IIRC, Optima moved manufacturing to Mexico a while back.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #62
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to behold

Yup and I believe thats when they went down hill.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 06:07 PM   #63
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler11 View Post
Yup and I believe thats when they went down hill.
Yeah. I had a blue from just before they made the move and it was a great battery. Oh well, almost every company seems to do that - they build up a name for themselves (Kicker, PPI, Soundstream, et al) and then once they have a good reputation, they start cutting back on quality and trying to live off the good name they built in the past.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:20 AM   #64
cparker2591

cparker2591 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
Yeah. I had a blue from just before they made the move and it was a great battery. Oh well, almost every company seems to do that - they build up a name for themselves (Kicker, PPI, Soundstream, et al) and then once they have a good reputation, they start cutting back on quality and trying to live off the good name they built in the past.
yes i recently read that optima is going down hill also. is there another battery that you would recommend? I'm trying to make it so i just need one decent battery under the hood. budget for it would be around 200
cparker2591 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #65
Jimi77

Stinger and Kinetic were good the last I heard, but I typically stay away from ultra high power systems that require significant electrical upgrades. I stick with Interstate and Diehard for my systems. You might check one of the forums with a more active SPL crowd to see what they're using.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #66
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to behold

Interstate are still decent. Northstar are also good.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote